Posts for: June, 2020
- Ingrown toenails
- Chronic heel pain
- A broken foot or ankle
- Numbness, tingling or loss of sensation in the feet
- Severe pain
- Difficulty bearing weight on a foot or ankle
- A visible foot deformity
- Signs of infection (e.g. redness; swelling; fever)
- An ulcer or open wound
How the Right Orthotics Can Help You with Your Foot Pain
Though you may not realize it, many aches and pains that arise in your legs and lower back can be caused by problems with your feet. Foot problems that can affect your musculoskeletal system include misalignment of your foot and ankle. Orthotic shoe inserts can put an end to these aches and pains. Dr. Jesse Anderson is a podiatrist at AAL Podiatry Associates, located in Suffolk and Norfolk, VA. He can provide you with custom orthotics to help with your foot pain.
What Kind of Foot Problems Can Orthotics Help With?
Orthotic devices can help with the following podiatric problems:
- Bunions and calluses
- Flat feet
- Heel spurs
- Plantar fasciitis
- High arches
- Sports injuries
Benefits of Orthotics
Norfolk residents have found the following benefits from custom orthotics:
- Providing support so you can walk, stand, and run comfortably
- Easing pain in your heel, foot, and ankle
- Improving balance
- Absorbing shock and stress
- Helping to correct posture
- Reducing the risk of injury
Tips for Getting Orthotics Fitted
- Talk to your podiatrist: it’s important that you understand your foot type and condition.
- Get custom orthotics fitted: that way you can rest assured that they are designed to fit your foot and stabilize the condition you are having issues with.
- Wear your most comfortable shoes: When you go to have your orthotics fitted, wear your favorite shoes so that they will work optimally with your footwear.
- Think about the types of activity you need orthotics for: do you spend a lot of time standing, are you a runner, or do you have a medical condition?
If you would like to discuss custom orthotics, call Dr. Jesse Anderson at AAL Podiatry in Suffolk and Norfolk to schedule an appointment. In Norfolk, VA, call (757) 625-2962. In Suffolk, phone us at (757) 539-2098.