Foot pain can dramatically affect your life, causing you to spend more time away from the activities you love. The good news is, you can get relief from foot pain with help from podiatrist Dr. Jesse Anderson at AAL Podiatry Associates. He has two convenient office locations in Norfolk and Suffolk, VA, to serve you.
There are many causes of foot pain and treatment will depend on what is causing your foot pain. Trauma, an accident, or an injury can result in broken bones, fractures, and other problems. In most cases, these types of injuries need to be treated by your podiatrist. You may need:
- A comprehensive foot examination, including x-rays
- Custom-fit footwear, orthotics, or other devices
- Casts, braces, splints, crutches, or other sources of support
- Surgical treatment for persistent issues
Diabetic neuropathy and diabetic ulcers are two common problems which can affect your feet. The first line of treatment is making sure your underlying condition, diabetes, is well-controlled with medication and diet. In addition, you might need:
- Topical medication and bandaging of any open sores, blisters, or ulcers
- Medications, including gabapentin and others, to decrease nerve pain due to diabetes
- Exercises and stretching to increase circulation to your feet and your toes
- Custom-fit footwear, orthotics, and other devices to decrease stress on your feet
Plantar fasciitis is another very common issue resulting in heel pain. The thick band of tissue, known as the plantar fascia, becomes inflamed. The inflammation results in swelling and pain. Your podiatrist offers several effective treatments for plantar fasciitis, including:
- Custom-fit orthotics and footwear to support your feet
- Physical therapy and stretching to increase flexibility and mobility
Don’t let foot pain keep you down, especially when relief is just a phone call away. Just pick up your phone and call Dr. Jesse Anderson at AAL Podiatry Associates, with offices in Norfolk and Suffolk, VA. Call 757-625-2962 for Norfolk, and 757-539-2098 for Suffolk.